Saturday, December 30, 2006

Rock N Roll Tutorial

I figured it was time for another Stampin' University tutorial...so here it is. This is for a really easy technique called "Rock 'N Roll". The supplies you need are very few.

*** 2 ink pads in coordinating colors. I chose Buckaroo Blue and So Saffron.
*** A sold or bold image stamp. I used a stamp from the Summer Mini (currently retired) called "Polka dot posies".
*** Cardstock in a neautral and the colors you are stamping with.
*** Embellishments to finish your card however you choose. (I used some Saffron brads, cream grosgrain ribbon, and Dazzling Diamonds glitter.)

Step 1- Ink up your bold image stamp in the lighter of the two colors of ink. In my case it was in the So Saffron ink.

Step 2- Take your stamp and very lightly roll the edges around on the pad of the darker colored ink (in this card it is Buckaroo Blue.) This will add the second color to the edges of your stamp only.

Step 3- Stamp the image onto your neutral cardstock. For this card I used Whisper White, and I stamped the image quite a few times all over the cardstock. You will need to clean the stamp in between everytime if you are going to do this. If you don't you will leave the darker colored ink on your lighter ink pad.

Step 4- Finish your card. I went back when I was finished with the flowers and added a Buckaroo Blue middle to each of them and then used a 2-way glue pen and some Dazzling Diamonds glitter in the centers. I then mounted this on a piece of So Saffron cardstock. The card base is Buckaroo Blue and I tied a piece of cream grosgrain ribbon around it. I mounted the stamped piece on, and then created the sentiment part.

For that I stamped the words on a piece of So Saffron cardstock with Buckaroo Blue ink. I then took the same stamp I used for the Rock n Roll, inked it in Versamark and stamped it right over the words. I tore the right side of the cardstock and then adhered it to a piece of Buckaroo Blue cardstock. I also tore the right edge of this. I folded over the left side of the blue cardstock and used two So Saffron brads to hold it together. I used some snail adhesive to put this piece on the front and that finished up the card. This is a super easy techinque that really puts a "wow" factor to your cards. Give it a shot, you will really enjoy it. And as always, if you have any questions please feel free to ask!

2 comments:

Monds & Mayberry said...

Great card - I forget to use this technique. It is so simple but the results are nice. I also love the birthday card you made for your son's friend. TFS

Elizabeth said...

Great card! Thanks for sending people my way. It has been a good first week in the blogging world.

When I decide to do a tutorial, you will have to send me a tutorial on how to post like this. I am a little technical stupid.