Saturday, December 30, 2006

Birthday card for a 5 year old


My son is going to a friend's 5th birthday party tomorrow afternoon. I needed to make a card because I of course don't have any on hand, lol. This card was pretty fun to make.

First I cut a small square of Whisper White cardstock (it is 1 3/4" square)and stamped the lion from "Wild About You" in Tempting Turquoise ink. Then I very lightly stamped him again on a piece of Only Orange, and cut out the mane and face. I mounted this over the original image on the square. Next I stamped him again (in Turquoise on Whisper White) and cut out just his face. I took my black Stampin' Write marker and colored in his eyes and nose, so that they were more visable. I mounted this over the orange mane with a Stampin' Dimensional (that was slightly trimmed). Then I took some Diamond Stickles and glitzed up the mane of the lion.

When this dried, I mounted the square on a Giga scalloped square that I punched out of Only Orange cardstock. Then I used the Stickles again to put a dot of glitter on each scallop center. Here is a close up pic of the scalloped square so you can see it better.

The card base is Tempting Turquoise stamped with the Print Pattern BG stamp. Then I mounted the scalloped square in the middle, and stamped the sentiment (from it's your birthday stamp set) on the bottom right corner in Basic Black ink. I use my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up my sentiments because I never seem to be able to stamp them straight myself. Lastly I tied a piece of black grosgrain ribbon around the side and added smaller ties of turquoise and orange grosgrain to tie in all the colors.

I think I am more excited about the birthday party then Jaden is. I'm getting tired of taking pictures of the dogs, and can't wait to be able to take some party pictures with the new camera. **wink**

No comments: