I made this name frame for my friend Sally's 5 year old little boy Eric for Christmas. (Sally if you read this...well, Whoops!) Anyhow, this was the second name frame I made, and I think it's my favorite. I bought the frame at Walmart (unfortunately they seem to be the only place that carries this size and shape).
I used Garden Green cardstock stamped with the Canvas BG stamp for the background of the entire frame. Then I took a smaller piece of striped paper (also from SU!- I think it's from the treehouse collection) and adhered it over the green. Each letter of the name was stamped with the Headline Alphabet in classic ink on Whisper White cardstock. Then I used the direct to paper technique to ink up the edges. Each letter was also masked off (see Stampin' University post for masking tutorial) and then stamped with a little bug or two from the Bugs and Kisses set. I then mounted them on a coordinating sheet of cardstock.
Last but not least, I added a piece of Hodgepodge Hardware and some grosgrain ribbon to each letter, for that little something extra. The colors used in this frame are Bravo Burgundy, Garden Green, More Mustard, and Night of Navy.
This next frame is for Sally's other little one Ryan, who's turning two this week. ( I really hope she isn't reading this, **wink**)
This frame was allot of fun to make just because of the great colors. I love bright classic crayon colors, and for a little one, I thought it was just perfect.
The background of this one is Tempting Turquoise cardstock stamped with the Print Pattern BG stamp. Then I took a smaller piece of Whisper White cardstock, and adhered it over, so that you could actually see the letters of the name. The giant letter "R" is stamped with my mondo Monogram alphabet stamp (from SU!) on chipboard in Real Red craft ink and then cut out and embossed with clear embossing powder. Each of the other letters of the name was stamped in classic ink on Whisper White cardstock using the Letterpress alphabet. I took a black Stampin' Write marker and doodled around the letters to make them stand out more. Each letter was also masked off (see Stampin' University post for masking tutorial) and then stamped with a little bug or two from the Unfrogettable set. I then mounted them on a coordinating sheet of cardstock.
Last but not least, I "tied" it all together with some grosgrain ribbon. I tied the orange piece around the entire frame and then added some smaller pieces of the other colors as well.
I hope you guys like the frames and they give you a little inspiration to make a gift or two yourself this holiday season!
Monday, December 18, 2006