Friday, December 22, 2006

Fun Little Bandaid Tin


I've had some time to create some goodies today, so I'm excited to show you this. A great friend sent me a package of 3 of these little band-aid tins (thanks Tiff!) and I couldn't wait to dress one up! I just bought this designer paper from the scrapbook store on Wednesday (it's the new Basic Grey line called "Blush") I just couldn't resist using it on my first tin. To do the outside, I used matte Modge Podge to adhere the paper onto the tin. I used my SU! small corner rounder to finish off the top. Then I added some of the Cool Caribbean ric-rack from SU's! new "Flirty" ribbon origionals around the lid. I finished it off with some Diamond Stickles in the centers of the flowers to glitz it up a bit.


For the inside I made a set of 6 gift tags. The fronts are pretty done up, but the back is left blank so that a little note can be written. The tags measure 3 1/2" by 2 1/4" and I punched all the corners with the Ticket Corner Punch (also from Stampin' Up) They are all made with SU! cardstock in either Cool Caribbean, Close to Cocoa, or Pretty in Pink. Then I added some of the Basic Grey paper and used my Close to Cocoa ink pad to distress the edges. The tops of the tags are made with the 1 1/4" SU! circle punch folded in half over the top and secured with an eyelet. I threaded some ribbon through the top so that they can be tied or taped to a gift. The ribbon is also SU! (Flirty origionals, and light pink/chocolate grosgrain)

The tags fit right into the little tin. I think that it would make a great little gift or thank you for someone. I just love these little tins, and can't wait to make up the other two (Thanks again Tiffany, you ROCK). I think I may just have to order a few more sets myself!! If you want to get them, they can be purchased through Oriental Trading Company. I think they are 4.95 for a set of 3, and OTC tends to have really quick shipping! Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: