Thursday, December 28, 2006

deployed chicken...


My mom is sending a box of for some soldiers stationed in Iraq, and needed a last minute card. I didn't have time to make one of the cute House Mouse cards, so I made a patriotic chicken card, lol. I wonder if the poor little guy knows where I'm sending him? lol

I used the SU! set "Best of Cluck" I really like this set and don't always remember to use it. I stamped the image on Whisper White cardstock with Basic Black ink and then colored it in with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I added some white polka dots with my Signo white gel pen. Then I mounted this on a piece of Going Gray cardstock and then on a larger piece of Real Red that was stamped with the Paisley from "Polka Dots and Paisley" set in Whisper White craft ink.

The card base is Brocade Blue stamped with the Weathered BG stamp. I mounted the chicken on this and then decided something was missing...ribbon of course! *wink* I tied a piece of white grosgrain around the edge and then added some red gingham. Something was still missing, so I added a couple of staples on two of the corners. I didn't want to overdo the embellishments but wanted to add something. I think the staples look a little "rustic" lol.

4 comments:

Sherri R said...

Very Cute Cori! TFS, Sherri

Monds & Mayberry said...

Very nice card. TFS

TN Granny said...

Cori,
So happy to see you on here. Lost contact long time ago and I missed you. The card is darling absolutely cute way to go Kiddo.
Hugs,
Jeanine

TN Granny said...

Cori,
I'm so happy to see you on the blog, I miss talking to you. I love the card its really darling super cute.
Take care.
Hugs,
Jeanine