Monday, December 25, 2006

Basic Grey Lunch Tin

Ok, I promised, and here it is!!

I made this lunch tin for a very dear friend (hi KK) for Christmas. I used the Basic Grey Blitzen paper, because it is so beautiful and not overly Christmasy. I used modge podge to adhere it to the outside of the tin and to cover the top. The indention for the latch was made with a large SU! circle punch. I just punch it in the middle, align that, and adhere the rest. Then another piece starts in the back and meets up the front piece on each side. I made a template of sorts to do the lid, and if you look closely you can see I pieced it together with about 5 pieces, but it's not funky looking, I swear! **wink** I tied the matching fibers around the handles, and used a couple to hook the tag on the front. Pretty simple!

On the inside I modge podged another piece inside the lid and then hooked another piece on it with some snowflake brads. This made a little pocket where you can store stamps, etc.

Well, I better go...my little one will be up pretty soon. Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: