Friday, December 1, 2006

More difficult than I ever imagined...




My grandma asked me if I could make her a card that would fit into a standard business envelope. "Sure, I can make any size you want," I replied. WHOOPS!! Wow, who would have thought that making a 9"x4" card would be so difficult. Balancing everything on a card that is so long and skinny was quite a challenge. Originally the entire card base was Bashful Blue, and then I cut it and remounted the blue onto a piece of Basic Black. I think that broke it up enough that it looks right now. The stamps are "Both Way Blossoms" a Stampin' Up level 2 hostess set. I stamped them on Shimmery White cardstock in Basic Black ink and then colored the flowers in with Bashful Blue and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers, and a Blender Pen dipped in Cranberry Crisp reinker (oooh I love that color...yummy! I glittered the centers with a 2-way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Then I mounted it on a tiny scrap (my last one, time to order more) of Cranberry Crisp and then mounted that on a piece of Old Olive that was stamped with Paisley Print in the same color ink. I ran a small piece of Cranberry stitched grosgrain (which SU! announced today, will be sold until June '07!!!) and adhered it with two Bashful Blue brads. This was then mounted on a piece of Bashful Blue that was stamped with the Linen background in Bashful Blue ink, and then finally onto the Basic Black base.


On the inside I mounted a piece of Whisper White cardstock so that it can actually be written in. **wink** I stamped a small coordinating flower on the bottom of this and sponged the edges with Bashful Blue as well. Believe it or not it actually took me 45 minutes to make this card because I kept cutting it apart trying to make it look "right" lol.

No comments: