Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Ooooh a neato new pocket card!


Oh my goodness, talk about fun! This week's card sketch challenge on SCS is a new pocket card that was created by Keri Serieka. I'm not going to give you directions on how to make it, because the one's on the sketch are so great...I'll just link it here. If you have never done a sketch challenge, this is a great one to get you started.
Click here to see the directions for the card

In my version of the sketch, I used Green Galore cardstock paired with Slumber Party designer paper. I stamped the top part with the bloom of the flower in the Unfrogettable set. I just inked up the bloom with a Green Galore Stampin' Write Marker. I created the pocket by using 2 Certainly Celery brads. The top part is the frog from Unfrogettable stamped in Basic Black on Whisper White and colored in with Stampin' Write markers. I also put some Stickles on the heart and flower for some added shine. I mounted the froggie on a small piece of C. Celery and then on a larger piece of Pixie Pink stamped with the French Script BG in the same color. Then I punched the corners with the Ticket Corner Punch. I tied a piece of light pink grosgrain around the top of the card and added a piece of apple green for some color. Slap the froggie piece on, and the outside is done!


On the inside, I stamped the frog on the W White in B Black ink and colored him in with Stampin' Write markers as well. I masked him off and then stamped the flower so that he could "hold it." I used the small corner rounder to round off the top two corners of the Whisper White and the Green Galore cardstock and then adhered them together. Just slip it in the newly created "pocket" and you're all set!! Enjoy...now go make one of your own!

No comments: