Sunday, January 21, 2007

Yin Yang


I was in the mood for a simple card, so I decided to make this yin yang card. They are really easy to make and because the image is the very obvious focal piece, too much other stamping will make it look to confusing.

To make the image, I stamped the elephant stamp on Basic Black cardstock with Whisper White craft ink, and again on Whisper White cardstock in Basic Black ink. Then I trimmed the cardstock to the same size, lining up the images before I did this. Then I took my paper cutter, lined it up at a place where I wanted the split to be, and cut. I did this with both pieces.

Next I adhered the black piece onto this rectangle of Real Red. After it was adhered on, I lined up and adhered the white piece. I took a piece of black gingham ribbon and tied it around the bottom of the Real Red to embellish it up a bit.

The cardbase is Whisper White, and I adhered the strip of Basic Black onto it. When Adhering the Real Red onto the cardbase, I made sure to line up the center line through the image with the line on the cardbase.

The finishing touches were two black and two white eyelets that I set on either side with my trusty crop-a-dile.

Thanks for lookin'!

No comments: