Friday, January 5, 2007

Half price stamps??


A scrapbook store here in town is now with new owners, so they are trying to liquidate a bunch of old stock. All of their wood mount stamps were 50% off...holy cow! Luckily for me and my checking account, they were all pretty dated and not too many of them really caught my attention. I did however buy this baby shoe stamp. I thought it was pretty cute, and I don't have too many baby stamps.

The image is stamped in Stazon on Whisper White cardstock and then colored in with Prismacolors, gamsol, and a stump. Then I used my ticket corner punch to do the corners. I mounted this on a piece of Blush Blossom cardstock and punched the corners of it as well.

The card base is Pretty in Pink stamped in the same color ink with the Paisley Print BG stamp. The cross piece is Going Grey (which I never seem to use) also stamped with the Paisley Print BG. I really love how the grey looks with the Paisley, I think I will use this again soon! Then I tied a piece on pink gingham ribbon around the piece and added a few strands of silver cord. I mounted this on the base and then mounted the stamped piece over it.

The card just didn't seem finished so I used my paper piercer and added some faux stitching around the outside. Lastly I stamped the phrase "One little baby, many happy hearts!" from the Curvy Verses set in black on the bottom right corner. I'm not 100% thrilled with this card, but it's late lol. I'll take another look at it in the morning!

No comments: