Thursday, January 4, 2007

Dusty Stamps...


This stamp set (Little Hellos) was still sitting on my desk from when I made the baby card earlier this week, so I decided to use it again tonight. I think this is the first time this kitty stamp has ever seen ink...pretty sad considering it is like 2 years old and actually quite cute. I just hate to have dusty stamp sets sitting around...kind of embarrasing for a Stampin' Up demo, lol.

Anyhow, first I stamped the kitty on Whisper White cardstock in Black Stazon. I colored him in with my Prismacolor pencils and some gamsol with a blending stump. After he was colored in I used two different tones of grey to make the shadows below and on the one side of him. Next I punched it out with my Marvy mega scalloped circle punch and sponged the edges with some Bashful Blue ink. It was still looking a little stark, so I used a Bashful Blue marker and my color spritzer tool to add some sprinkles of color. Lastly on the image I added some Diamond Stickles to the flower and added some black dots to the center of each scallop.

The card base is Bashful Blue, and stamped with two backgrounds. I know it may be a little hard to see in the picture, but first I inked up my Floral BG stamp, stamped it once on a piece of computer paper to take some ink off, and then stamped it onto my cardbase. This made the floral print visible, but sort of faint. Then over the top of that I stamped the Linen BG stamp in full strength Bashful Blue ink. This made the card base look like an actual piece of linen cloth with a floral print. It's actually really cool looking in real life. Next I mounted a piece of Apricot Appeal cardstock that I stamped with the same color of ink with the flower from both the Big Pieces and Little Pieces stamp sets all over it in a random pattern. Then I tied a piece of blue gingham ribbon around this, since no project is complete without some ribbon, lol.

At that point I thought I was done, but the card seemed to be missing "something" so I took three of the small square Apricot buttons and threaded them with some blue gingham ribbon as well. Then I cut the pieces evenly and used mini glue dots to adhere them to the card base. When threading the gingham ribbon through the buttons, you need to use a large piece, cut each end at a really steep angle and then try and push some through the holes. Once you see a little piece, you can use tweezers (or your teeth, lol) to pull it through. Then thread it to one end and tie the knot. After the knot is tied, you can cut the ends and start over. I really recommend using a large piece of ribbon because it is much easier to use and then cut, then a little piece, which turns out to be really difficult to tie, KWIM?

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!!!

1 comment:

Sherri R said...

Love this card Cori! TFS! Hugs, Sherri