Saturday, January 6, 2007

Purple cats....not such a good idea


Ok, so my intention with this card was to get to play with my new Making Memories grommets and use the Paisley on a grey card (cuz it looks so cool). It turned out to be a big purple mess, lol!

The card base is Going Grey stamped with the Paisley Print BG stamp with Going Grey ink. Then I used my new grommet kit and set the two super mondo flower grommets in it. Next I took a piece of medium sized twill tape and some eggplant grosgrain ribbon and tied them between the two holes into a double knot. I thought it actually came out looking pretty well.

Now comes the yucky part. I had the whole eggplant and grey thing going, so I decided to make a purple cat. Hmmmm....maybe not such a good idea. I stamped him on Whisper White and colored him in with Prismas and gamsol. Then I used my Colluzzle to cut him out in a circle. I mounted him on a scalloped circle of Elegant Eggplant cardstock and mounted this to the card.

Lastly I stamped the "Happy Birthday" from the Warmest Regards set in black below it, and used my white gel pen to dot around the edges of the scallops and created the white stripes on the kitty.

Looking at it now, I actually like the card, minus the purple kitty. Maybe I'm in a stamping funk...I think I'll go fix this card now, lol!

No comments: