Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Smeared Stickles...


So continue with my oh so great first day of the year, I showed this card to my mom last night before I took a picture of it. "Be careful...it's not dry yet" wasn't enough, and of course she had to touch the glitter. Grrr...so, the stickles are smeared, and I don't like the card enough to redo it, hahaha.

This is actually the first card I've made using my new Cuttlebug. I used the Birthday embossing folder on a piece of Apricot Appeal cardstock and then mounted that on a base of Elegant Eggplant. I cut a small slit on the side of the card so that I could thread the white grosgrain through it. I tied it in a bow and then used mini glue dots to hold it in place. The top was stamped with a stamp from the Little Pieces set. The cake is from Cool Cat. I colored it with an Elegant Eggplant Stampin' Write marker and a blender pen with Apricot Appeal reinker. The cake is stamped on Whisper White and then punched out with the marvy mega scalloped circle punch. I used my Eggplant maker to add the dots, and then some Diamond Stickles to glitz up the dots and the cake. (and thus the smeared purple stickles on the top...thanks mom **wink**)

I'll be back later with a new card that's not smeared, lol!!

No comments: