Saturday, January 20, 2007

A cup of love


Today I had a super yummy nonfat, sugar free cinnamon dolce latte at Starbucks. Very yummy and allowed on the South Beach Diet. *wink* That yummy latte inspired this card. I didn't get to have any marshmallows on mine lol, but it was yummy all the same.

The card base is Creamy Caramel cardstock stamped with the "Paisley Print" BG. I then stamped "French Script" in Basic Black ink on a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock. I tied a piece of taupe grosgrain around this, and added a small knot of pink gingham ribbon to continue the color theme.

The cup image was stamped in Creamy Caramel ink on a piece of Pretty nd Pink cardstock and then carefully cut out with my paper snips. I cut a small circle out of Shimmery White cardstock with my colluzzle and then mounted the cup on that. I masked off the cup and then stamped the marshmallows on top of the cup with Basic Black ink. To make them a little more interesting, I used my 2-way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter to make them sparkle. Next I took my Creamy Caramel ink pad and inked up the edges of the circle.

I punched the scalloped circle out with my marvy mega scallop punch and used my paper piercer and white signo gel pen to do the dots on each scallop. I mounted the white circle on this and then again used my Creamy Caramel ink pad to distress the edges.

The sentiment "my love" was stamped using the "Everyday Flexible Phrases" stamp set on Shimmery White cardstock and then the edges were distressed. I mounted this on the inside of a rectangle frame from the Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware kit. I then mounted this on the card base using two Pretty in Pink brads. To finish up the card I used my Creamy Caramel ink pad to distress the edges of the cardbase.

I hope everyone had a great Saturday!!

1 comment:

Sherri R said...

I love this card! TFS. Hugs, Sherri