Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Just Clucky


This card was made using this week's sketch challenge on splitcoaststampers. I really like this sketch.

The card base is Buckaroo Blue, a color that I don't tend to use alot, but I really like. I stamped it with the "Weathered" BG stamp, also in Buckaroo Blue. Then I cut out the two smaller rectangles. The one in the back is Chocolate Chip stamped with the "French Script" BG.

The front rectangle is Sahara Sand (another one of those colors I don't tend to use, but really like) stamped with the "Weathered" BG stamp. Then I stamped the chicken from "Best of Cluck" in Chocolate Chip ink on this piece. I colored his body and face in with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Then I colored the wings Buckaroo Blue with a reinker and blender pen. I mounted this piece over the Chocolate Chip one and decided something was missing. So, I went back with my Chocolate Chip marker and doodled a frame around the edge of the Sahara piece.

Next I took some different colored buttons from the Elements/Neutrals and tied some natural hemp through them. I used mini glue dots to adhere them on the corners of the Sahara piece.

Then because no card is complete without some faux stitching (wink wink). I went in with my Signo white gel pen and "stitched" around the Chocolate piece and around both sets of buttons. Lastly, to complete the card, I sponged some Buckaroo Blue ink around the edges of the card base to give it a little more of a distressed look.

I really love this chicken set...can you tell? hee hee

1 comment:

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

I love how you accented everything with the faux stitches... esp. around the buttons. Very cool looking!