Friday, January 19, 2007

I'm so sorry...

That I didn't get anything posted yesterday. School started back this week and I have been uber-busy!! I do however have an extra card to post today to make up for it. *wink*

I stamped the adorable elephant from "Wild About You" in Buckaroo Blue ink on Shimmery White cardstock. Then I masked her off and stamped the little birdie in Real Red on her trunk. I wasn't liking how they were floating in space, so I took my black Stampin' Write marker and drew in the grass.

Next I mounted them on a piece of Real Red cardstock and took my white Signo gel pen and polka dotted around the edges. Then I took a piece of red gingham ribbon and tied it around the corners to add in some more red and white. The little tag was cut out of a chipboard coaster using my Cuttlebug. I stamped the word friend on it from the "Everyday Flexible Phrases" stamp set in Buckaroo Blue ink.

I mounted this on the cardbase which is Buckaroo Blue stamped with the "Print Pattern" BG. The card still needed a little something, so I added six Real Red brads to balance it out, and continue the polka dot theme.


For this card I went with more of a Shabby Chic look. I stamped the froggie from "Unfroggetable" in Black Stazon on watercolor paper, and then colored him in with a paint brush and an Old Olive ink refill. I punched him out with the Marvy mega scalloped circle punch, and sponged Old Olive and Chocolate Chip ink around the edges. Then I took my Old Olive Stampin' Write marker and added the dots to each scallop. It still needed a little bling, so I added a dot of Icicle stickles to each scallop as well.

The card base is Old Olive cardstock stamped with the "Paisley Print" BG stamp in Always Artichoke ink. I took a small strip of Basic Black cardstock and tied a piece of Twill Tape that I sponged with some Old Olive ink on around. Next I took my bone folder and distressed the edges of the black strip, and adhered it to my cardbase.

I used two pop up glue dots to adhere the froggie on the card, and took my white Signo gel pen and doodled along the outside edges of the card. It was still missing something, lol! I then decided to take my sponge and add some Old Olive and Chocolate Chip ink to the edges, making it look "shabby chic". And...it was still missing something!!!

Finally I decided it needed a little hardware. I punched a piece of watercolor paper with my small oval punch, sponged the edges and stamped "Laugh" from the "Everyday Flexible Phrases" set on it with Basic Black ink. I then used two mini glue dots to adhere it inside of the oval frame from my Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware Kit (which I shamelessly hoard *wink*). I used two Old Olive brads to adhere this to the bottom of the card.

Shabby Chic isn't normally my style, but I do like how this card turned out. I hope you all had a lovely Friday and can forgive me for not posting something yesterday!!

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Love the Buckaroo...I have had this paper since it came out and I have never used it! Thanks for the inspiration! (I like the frog card too!)