Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Thanks a latte


My 3rd level upline Janice Weightman holds a monthly contest for her entire downline. For every $500+ workshop you hold and for every recruit you get, she enters your name in a drawing for a 25 dollar SU! gift certificate. I won a month or so ago, and decided that I wanted the "Like it a Latte" set from the Winter mini. Guess what came in the mail today? tee hee hee!!! I figured it was only right that Janice be the first recipient of a card made with this set.

The card was also created using this weeks color challenge from scs. The colors are Sage Shadow, Pale Plum, and Close to Cocoa.

The card base is Close to Cocoa stamped with the "Linen" BG stamp. Then I mounted a small piece of Sage Shadow cardstock stamped with the steam stamp from this set in a random pattern. I adhered it to the card and then used my paper piercer and white Signo gel pen to faux stitch along each side.

The image is stamped on Shimmery White cardstock with Close to Cocoa ink. First I stamped the cup, and then I masked it off and stamped the whip cream on top. I then masked this, and stamped the straw in Sage ink, so that it looked like it was in the cup. Next I stamped the steam above the cup and used my 2-way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter to shimmer up the whipped cream.

The image still didn't look quite finished, so I used the Sage inkpad and added some direct to paper ink along the edges and then used my Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write marker to doodle along the edges. I mounted this on a piece of Pale Plum cardstock and then mounted it on the cardbase.

Lastly, I added two Pale Plum buttons that have some Linen thread tied through them to the bottom of the card. On the inside I used a stamp from "Sincere Salutations" to stamp "thanks" and then used a marker to color in and stamp the "a latte" below.

1 comment:

Sherri R said...

Cori, I love this card, as soon as mine comes in I plan to CASE it, lol! Great job! Hugs, Sherri