Monday, January 8, 2007

Getting Punchy


This card was super easy and pretty fun to make. The card base is Bashful Blue stamped with the Weathered BG stamp. Then I wrapped some blue gingham ribbon around a piece of Barely Banana cardstock and tied it in a knot. I added a small piece of cream grosgrain next to the tie.

Next I stamped two large scraps of cardstock. The Bashful Blue is stamped with the Weathered BG again, and the Barely Banana is stamped in So Saffron with the Floral BG. (It is a little hard to see in the pics, sorry) After they were stamped, I used my large oval punch (from SU!) to punch out 7 blue ovals and used the small oval (also from SU!) to punch out another 7 small ovals. I adhered the yellow to the blue with snail adhesive. I mounted these on the side, overlapping them on each other so that they look like petals. The center is a 1 3/8 circle punched out of the same cardstock. I then used my Pumpkin Pie ink pad to distress the edges, and added some diamond stickles to sparkle it up. I mounted this over the tops of the petals and then trimmed all the parts that were hanging off the card.

Then I took my paper piercer and the Signo white gel pen and faux stitched around the flower to make it a little more interesting. Lastly I used my color spritzer tool with a So Saffron marker to spritz the Banana cardstock, and stamped the sentiment. It is from the Warmest Regards stamp set, and I used Bashful Blue classic ink to stamp it.

I am pretty pleased with this card...maybe my stamping mojo is back. **wink wink**

2 comments:

Sherri R said...

Cori, this is great! This is really good! Hugs, Sherri

Allison Rankin said...

So cute...I don't have this punch or any of the stamps though...sigh!