Saturday, January 13, 2007

Valentines Day card...


Here is the second part of my hostess club Valentines Day projects. This card is made with another really cute not especially Valentines Day set "Loads of Love."

The images are stamped in Black Stazon and colored in with a combination of Watercolor Wonder crayons and Watercolor Pencils with an Aquapainter. I would have colored the entire image in with the crayons, but I still haven't ordered myself the neutral crayons. Guess what's on my next order? *wink* Anyhow, next I took my 2-way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter to shimmer up some of the hearts in the back of the truck. Next I masked off the truck and used my Color Spritzer Tool and a Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write marker to create a dirt road underneath the trucks tires.

I mounted this on a piece of Real Red cardstock and tore the bottom edge. It needed a little something else, so I faux stitched across the bottom of the image on the red cardstock.

The card base is Pixie Pink stamped with the Print Pattern BG. Then I took a piece of Rose grosgrain ribbon and tied it around the bottom of the red cardstock. I stamped the sentiment in Rose Romance ink on some Shimmery White cardstock and punched it out with my SU! Small Tag punch. I mounted this on a piece of Pretty in Pink cs that was punched out with the Large Tag punch. I punched a hole in the top of the tag with the 1/8 inch hole punch, and then used a piece of red gingham ribbon to tie it to the rose grosgrain. I mounted the red piece onto the card base and that was it!!

Again, thanks for checking out my blog and please don't forget to scroll down to Thursday's post and leave a comment so you can be entered in tonight's drawing.

No comments: