Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Sketch challenge Eggcitement


Sorry to be getting this posted so late...I was waiting for the SCS sketch challenge, lol! I love love love this sketch.

The base of this card is Bravo Burgundy. I cut the half circle of Tree house designer paper with my Colluzzle and once it was adhered I stamped the entire piece with Versamark and the Linen BG stamp. The chicken was stamped in Black Stazon on Whisper White cardstock and colored in with reinkers (Bordering Blue, Bravo Burgundy, and Sahara Sand) and a watercolor brush. I then stamped it again on a scrap of the designer paper and then carefully cut out the egg. I used snail adhesive to adhere the new polka dot egg over the top of the egg that was stamped on the cardstock. I mounted this on a piece of Bordering Blue cardstock and then on a larger piece of Sahara Sand cardstock. I set two Bravo Burgundy eyelets along the left side and tied on a piece of hemp. Once this was finished, I adhered it to the card and then used my paper piercer and Signo white gel pen to faux stitch along the outside edges.

I am pretty pleased with how this card came out, and I'm sure I will be using this sketch again!

No comments: