Friday, March 30, 2007

Stickle garden


I have a writing class this weekend that starts tonight and is all day tomorrow and Sunday, so I don't know how much stamping I will actually get done, so I wanted to be sure and post something today.

I was in the mood to make something fun, and since spring is officially here in Tucson-the grass is green, trees are full of leaves, the flowers are blooming, and my garden looks great! Anyhow, in the spirit of spring and fun, may I introduce you to my stickle garden.

To start with, I stamped all of the doodle flowers from Doodle This and Doodle That in black stazon on Whisper White cardstock and then colored them in with reinkers and a blender pen. The colors I used are Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, and Rose Romance.

After they were colored, I cut them out with my paper snips and added a ton of diamond and eucalyptus stickles..

The card base is Rose Romance stamped with the Dotted background in Rose Romance ink, and the French Script background in Basic Black ink. Then I took some Apricot grosgrain ribbon and tied it around to separate the two backgrounds. I added some green dotted organdy ribbon that I bought at Michaels and some blue gingham ribbon to jazz it up a little.

Then I took the cut out flowers and mounted them on the card in a random fashion, using dimensionals to make each flower it's own height. The sentiment is from Warmest Regards, a level one hostess set, and I stamped it in Basic Black ink.

Time consuming, but a very fun card to make. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Don't forget to scroll down and enter your name/comment for the blog candy!!