Sunday, March 18, 2007

The addiction continues...

Maybe A*Muse puts some kind of addictive resin in their rubber? You think? Anyhow, I went to the stamp store yesterday to pick up 2...count them 2 new stamps. That was my budget, my plan. Guess how many I came home with? Um, yeah...I came home with 7, lol. Here is a card made with two of my favorites. Who am I kidding? They are all my favorites. **giggle**


Anywho...the bathtub stamp actually comes with a bunch of gifts inside, for a shower...get it? Anyhow, I inked up the stamp with a Stampin' Write marker, omitting the gifts. Then I stamped it on some watercolor paper, masked the tub and then stamped "Patch" inside. I colored the tub in with prismacolor pencils and blended it with gamsol and a stump, and then doodled the little frame with my marker.

The frame around the image was punched out with my giga scalloped square punch (there is actually 4 of them pieced together to make the rectangle), and then I dotted the scallops with my white Signo gel pen.

The card base is Bashful Blue stamped with the retired "Paisley Print" background stamp which I adore! I tied some wide white organdy and black grosgrain ribbon around the card, and then added a little chipboard tag that I cut out with my Cuttlebug. I stamped the sentiment "Ruff Day" on the tag, and then sponged the tag with some Bashful Blue ink. This was tied onto the card base with some blue gingham ribbon.

As a final touch, I decided to use some icicle stickles to create some bubbly bath water for Patch. BIG mistake...HUGE! The stickles were wet, and caused the water solvent marker to bleed, making my bubbles black. Guess Patch was a pretty filthy dog *wink*. I should have stamped the tub in Stazon, but it is at the stamp store being reinked, and I couldn't wait **insert dork face here, haha**

Anyhow, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Check back tomorrow, I will have something new to post with more of my lovely new stamps.

No comments: