Saturday, March 3, 2007

Ahoy Mateys....


I just got these in the mail today! I did a trade for this Ahoy Matey stamp set with another demonstrator on SCS last month and they FINALLY showed up today.(But that is a whole 'nother story lol)

The little pirate was stamped on watercolor paper with black stazon. Then I used reinkers and an aquapainter to color him in. (always artichoke, bravo burgundy, so saffron and going grey) After that I took my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker, colored in his eyepatch and then used some going grey ink to watercolor him a little ground to stand on. The sword was a little dull looking, so I dabbed on some crystal effects and sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

The card base is Always Artichoke stamped with the Weathered background stamp. On top of that I added a strip of Basic Black cardstock stamped with the little map looking stamp in Whisper White craft ink. I mounted these on the card base and then stamped the Ahoy Matey sentiment on the bottom corner in black stazon.

To finish up the card I tied a piece of burgundy ribbon around the cardbase and knotted it around a pewter ribbon slide from my Hodgepodge Hardware set.

More goodies on their way tomorrow...

No comments: