Sunday, June 10, 2007

Same sketch, different cards



Today I sat down to make a card and started feeling guilty about how many A*Muse cards I have been posting. Not that I don't adore A*Muse, but in my quest to win the Ambassador contest and the 250 dollar gift certificate, I have been neglecting my Stampin' Up creations. And they were the original reason I started this blog. But, I still want to win the ambassador contest, lol. So, my solution is this....for every A*Muse card I post, I resolve to post a SU! card too. So, either my blog is about to go card crazy, or...well...I am, lol!




This A*Muse creation was first. I had this "sketch" in mind, mostly because I wanted to use up this Petals and Paisley designer paper before it possible retires. The card is pretty self-explanatory. The tree was stamped in hybrid burnt sienna ink and the leaves colored with my stampin' write markers. I masked the tree and then stamped the small skinny oval (crooked unfortunately) to create some ground underneath. A very quick card. I don't hate it, but I'm not exactly thrilled with it either.

This little giraffe card was second. The giraffe is from the Wild About You stamp set. He/she was stamped in Apricot Appeal ink and then I used my Taken with Teal marker and colored in her spots. I'm not sure which card I prefer, or if I really like either of them. I don't think I quite have my "mojo" back yet, but I figure we all make cards we don't like, so I may as well show it to ya, lol!

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

What great cards, love the paper and the stamps are adorable.