Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sad realization

Dear Bloggers,

Can you tell I have had no motivation for my blog over the last couple of weeks. Last night I was sitting here trying to figure out why...I looked back over all of my posts from the last 6 weeks or so and came to a sad realization.

My blog had become a running commercial for A*Muse. Somewhere in my quest for a 250 dollar gift certificate, I had forgotten why I started this blog. To share my love of stamping, of Stampin' Up, and bits of my life with my customers, long distance friends, and whoever else might enjoy it. Instead it became a way for me to win a 250 dollar gift certificate, and no fun.

So, I dropped out of the AMPA contest. Not officially, but I'm not participating anymore. It was making stamping and my blog a "job," and one I was not enjoying. So as of today, this blog is back to what it was intended for....fun! Back to Stampin' Up because that is where my true loyalties are (even without a 250 dollar gift certificate), back to posting because I want to share something with you, not because I need 10 points, and back to being fun.

Thank you for sticking with me even though I turned into a sell out, and turned my blog into a commercial. I deeply apologize that I got so caught up in that, and am so grateful that you are still checking in with me.

Great things to follow!

Hugs to you all!
Cori

13 comments:

My Passion said...

I think we all get caught up in a certain trend or product (think Bellas) at one time or another but you DID NOT turn into a sellout! I think you're a class act and I check your blog daily. Thanks for the continued inspiration! :)

Cheryl said...

Ditto what Stefanie said!!
Cheryl Sims

Pegg S said...

I love your style so it was fun seeing your A muse cards! I did wonder what happened to your SU! sets! I felt bad for them :)

Stefanie said...

Cori, I wouldn't ever call you a sell-out! That being said, I am thrilled that you won't be doing the A-MUSE-A-PALOOZA posts anymore. With 4 or 5 of the bloggers that I read participating, I feel like it's just post overload everyday. Plus, I'll be happy to see more of your creations!

Nancy said...

I found the same thing in the 2 years I sold SU. I am still a demo, but am doing it as a hobby demo now. I am enjoying my stamping so much more now that I can use any products that make my heart happy! I was a stamper for 8 years before I joined on with SU so it was the right choice for me!

Looking forward to seeing more of your creations

Danita said...

Oh Cori, honey, we still luv ya!! Still check in on you almost every day! *smooooooch*

kk127g said...

Cori,
Girl what ever you do we love to see your work. It's your blog run it the way you want. But you are right have FUN!!!!!!
KK

Schlbdriver said...

Hi Kid,
Don't be so rough on my friend!!
I agree with all the others, I don't care which stamps you use.
It's your great creative ablility we come for. And to see what Jaden has been up to :)
But, I can only CASE the SU ones since I don't own any others, teehee so bring them on baby, I've got swaps to make, LOL

Terry Molineux said...

Cori....bravo!!!!! Well said. Although I liked your creations and check on your blog everyday I am a true SU demo and I don't purchase any other stamps. While I liked all your creations I could never case them because I don't own them....Don't be hard on yourself. I joined many blogs and I mean MANY.....ALL of them are on the AMUSE thingy and lack SU....I commend you for being honest with us and will always be loyal to you for that!!!! Now get your little hands working and design some SU stuff...convention is coming and I need ideas for SWAPS! Have fun most of all!!

Diane said...

Looking forward to see your great creations as always! Do what you love and you'll be happy!

kathy said...

I don't think your a sellout. You fell into a whirlwind with the Amuse thing and we are all guilty of it at some time or another. Just do what you love

Gigglangel said...

Cori, ditto to all previous comments!! We come here everyday to see your wonderful creations and garner inspiration from your designs. Please don't be so hard on yourself.
Oh yeah, I have my swap cards all ready to mail out to you today. Or do you just want to "bump" into each other at Mike's this weekend?

Paula said...

Cori,
I am so happy that you are back to being U!!! Don't get upset as this is just my opinion but I was getting tired of A Muse. Not just your blog but all over the blog boards. Its fun for awhile but then gets tiring. I love what you do no matter what stamps you use but You have to be happy too! So....whatever makes you happy makes all of us happy to see your work. BIG HUGS. Love your smile.