Sunday, June 3, 2007

Idea book


Would you believe that this is the first actual project that I've made with my Bind it All that I bought 4 months ago. Shame...shame...shame!

Anyhow, I decided it was time to purge the millions of magazine scraps, notes, ideas, napkins, etc. that I save for ideas. I can't bear to actually part with them though, lol. Because of this, I made this little idea book.

The cover is 8x4 inch chipboard (half of an 8x8 piece) that I bought from Eclectic Paperie. They have really reasonable prices on the chipboard, and it is SO much easier than using backings to designer paper, etc. The chipboard is cut to size, white on one side, and heavy weight.

I covered the chipboards brown side with some Basic Grey paper (from the Urban Couture line) and then used the Big Deal Alphabet to stamp the title on some Shimmery White cardstock. I masked off the letters and stamped some of my favorite critters from A*Muse to make the title fun and springy.

This title was mounted on some Basic Grey paper (from the Lilly Kate line) and then onto the journal. The cute little flower shaped rhinestones are from Michaels. I picked them up a while back, a whole pack of them for a buck!

To finish up, I added bunches of ribbon to the coils (7/8th inch coils) to make it more fun to look at. All of the ribbon is either from Michaels or Cindy at Starlit Studio.

Thanks for looking! Did you sign up for my swap yet??? Please...

1 comment:

Joy said...

Cori, this looks great! AWESOME job!