Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Soldier card


I used one of my new A*Muse stamps tonight to make a card for one of the soldiers that we send care packages to. The second week challenge was to use NO black ink. Check out all the fab cards that have been made for the challenge on the amuseapalooza blog HERE Wowza!

For this card, I stamped the Lady Liberty from A*Muse in Going Gray classic ink on Whisper White cardstock. Then I took my blender pen and colored her in with some classic reinker. Even though she is supposed to be all gray, she looked a little dull, so I used some yellow stickles to add some color to her crown and torch.

Then I punched this out with a jumbo oval punch from Marvy and mounted it on a scalloped mega oval punched out of Yo Yo Yellow cardstock. Then I took my white Signo gel pen and added a dot to each scallop.

The card base is Going Grey cardstock stamped with the ribbon from the retired Godspeed stamp set, and then stamped again with the Linen background stamp. Along the left edge, I mounted a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I scalloped with my SU! slit punch. I used a Going Gray Stampin Write marker to add the dots to each scallop. To finish the card up, I added a small bow with some Maize grosgrain ribbon.

I promise to try and have a Stampin' Up creation tomorrow. A*MuseaPalooza has invaded my brain, hehe!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I *really* like this card that you made. Very patriotic with a twist on the colors that you chose to use for it.

Mary