Monday, May 14, 2007

Hoppy little bugger...

Oooh here is another of my new stamps from the A*Muse summer release. This little grasshopper is one of my favorites.

I stamped him and the grass on Whisper White cardstock in Green Galore and Glorious Green (respectively). Then I colored in his head, body, and wings with an Avocado Prismacolor marker. I cut this out to a 1 3/4 inch square and mounted it on a giga scalloped square punched out of Glorious Green cardstock. Then it wouldn't be complete without the white dots on the scallops, (haha) so I added them with my Signo white gel pen.

The card base is Green Galore stamped with a polka dotted circle from a SU! set from a past mini (the name is totally escaping me, lol). Over this I mounted a piece of Taken with Teal cardstock that was also stamped with this stamp set. I tied some ribbon I got at Michaels around this and mounted it on the card base and mounted the grasshopper over this.

It needed a little something else, so I did a faux stitch along the edges of the Teal piece and some Eucalyptus stickles to the grasshopper's wings. The sentiment is from the SU! Unfroggetable set but A*Muse has a tiny one like it that I may need to pick up, he he. I used a marker and my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the sentiment.

Fun huh? I am really happy with the card itself, but I am thinking the stamped part (hopper) needs something else....you think? Did you check out the Amuseapalooza blog yet? The new challenge is about to be posted and you don't want to miss out on awesome free goodies do you? Well then get over there! **wink**

No comments: