Monday, May 14, 2007

Sniffer


Sorry I didn't get anything posted this weekend. Between my stamp club, Mother's Day, and a final for my online class I was Busy with a capital "B."

I threw this card together last night before I went to bed. I was planning on uploading it then, but my computer had other ideas, lol.

The little dog on this card is brand spankin' new! It is from the Summer A*Muse release. The little girl's name is Sniffer. Cute huh? She actually looks like my Rosie who is a Jack Russel Terrier.

I stamped Sniffer in Burnt Sienna Palette Hybrid ink on Shimmery White cardstock. Then I masked her and stamped the small skinny oval (also from A Muse) in Real Red ink under her. I then took my Real Red marker to color in her collar. She seemed to need a little bling, so I added a teeny tiny rhinestone (I think it's from Hero Arts) on the center of her collar.

I punched her out with my jumbo oval punch and mounted it on a mega scalloped circle that was punched out of Real Red cardstock. Then I took my white Signo gel pen and added some lines to the scallops.

The card base is Pretty in Pink (4 1/4 inch square) that was stamped with one of the stamps from the Big Pieces SU! set. I then added a scrap of some Valentine paper I had been hoarding (I think it is from Fiskars Cloud 9) and tied some pink and red stitched ribbon from May Arts around the strip and adhered it to the card base.

To finish the card up I used my Pretty in Pink ink pad and direct to paper inked up the edges, and stamped the sentiment in the Burt Sienna Hybrid ink.

Don't forget to swing by the Amuseapalooza site today. The winner of last week's card challenge has been posted and the new challenge is going to be posted soon.

No comments: