Friday, May 11, 2007

I promised...

To post some Stampin' Up stuff, and here it is! Tomorrow my lovely group of stamp ladies meet, and these are the two projects that we will be stamping. I try to use the same colors and stamp sets for all of the projects that we do on one day. I think that it helps to show the versatility of your "stuff". For these projects, we will be using Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, and Chocolate Chip cardstock, ink, and ribbon. The stamp set is Natural Beauty, one of my absolute favorites (and it's retiring *insert sad face*), Crosshatch BG (also retiring), and the Rough Texture jumbo wheel.

This 8 1/2x11 scrapbook page is the first project we will be doing. The background is wheeled with the Rough Texture wheel. Then both pieces of cardstock were stamped with the leaf from the Natural Beauty stamp set. I punched the edges of the picture mounting piece with the Ticket corner punch. I tied a couple of pieces of ribbon around the strip along the left side, and then stamped the title in Whisper White craft ink with the Whimsical Lower alpha (also retiring, and I am truly traumatized by this!)

This card is the second project we will be making. The card features the Pearl Ex Floored technique. The card bg is stamped with the Crosshatch BG, and then a piece of white grosgrain is tied around the card. The flower was stamped on Whisper White cardstock with black Stazon and then colored in with a Certainly Celery marker and the blue/green duo pearl ex and my aqua painter. I then direct to papered the white edges, punched all the corners with the ticket corner punch, and mounted this over the ribbon onto the card base. To finish up the card, I used the round tab punch and punched out a tab from some Cool Caribbean cardstock, and used a Taken with Teal marker and my stampamajig to stamp the sentiment onto the tab. (the sentiment is one of the tiny words on the word block in the Natural Beauty stamp set). I mounted this on the edge of the image square, and that was it!

My SU! stamps are still complaining of A*Muse favoritism, but at least they got a little workout tonight, lol.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love the colors of both!
PS Cori, I've tagged you!