Friday, May 11, 2007

I'm ducky, how r you?


I am so pleased with how this card turned out. Don't ya just love it when you get an idea in your head and it actually works out the way you were hoping it would?

The little duck was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink on Shimmery White cardstock. Then I colored him in with a blender pen and a Summer Sun refill. He looked a little boring so I touched him up with some yellow Stickles when I was finished. He was punched out with my 1 1/4 inch SU! circle punch and layered on a 1 3/8 inch circle of Summer Sun cardstock that was also created with a SU! punch.

The card base is Chocolate Chip cardstock stamped with CC ink and the flower stamp from the Big Pieces stamp set (from a couple of mini catalogs ago). Then I used my Signo white gel pen to add a dot to each petal. This added a little interest to the background.

Nest I used my word window punch on the bottom of the card, stamped the sentiment "Just Ducky" in Chocolate Chip ink on some more Shimmery White cardstock and adhered it inside the card so that the sentiment could be seen from the outside.

To finish the card up I tied a piece of stitched yellow grosgrain ribbon (from Michaels) around the card and adhered the duck circle over it with some Stampin' Dimensionals.

Cute huh? Ok, so I do love this one, lol. Did you notice anything else? Yup, this card uses NO BLACK INK...you know what that means right? That means that I can enter it in this weeks card challenge on the A*musea*palooza blog. Have you entered a card yet? Better hurry up and submit one, the prize is Amazing!

No comments: