Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Progressive scrapbook page swap...


Now, I'm not one normally who signs up for swaps. I just don't ever seem to have the time for them so I stick to just the mini catalog swaps that my upline Jan hosts. Anyhow because of this, I have basically zero Stampin' Up scrapbook samples. I have a couple of hostess clubs going whose members are real scrappers, so I decided I better get some samples... I found a swap that is being hosted on the demo only side of splitcoaststampers, so I decided to join. The swap is pretty easy...all you need is six 12x12 progressive scrapbook pages.

A progressive scrapbook page is one that starts out as a 6x6 page, is then turned into a 8 1/2x11 page and finally into a 12x12 page. This is a really nice way to teach scrapbooking to newbies who are easily overwhelmed.

So...here is the first part of my swap, the 6x6 portion. Hopefully tomorrow I will get it turned into at least the 8 1/2x11 page and possibly complete it, so don't forget to check back.

The 6x6 piece is Barely Banana cardstock that I stamped with the Canvas background stamp. Then I took a strip of Certainly Celery cardstock and stamped it with the Crosshatch background stamp. Around this I tied some pieces of French Blue grosgrain and white wide organdy ribbon, tying them through a piece of antique brass Hodgepodge Hardware.

Next I adhered this onto the page base, and then went to work on the finishing touches. The two right corners are embellished with some photo corners that I made out of a scrap of Sarah designer series paper. Then I added an antique brass brad to each. To finish off the page I decided it needed a photo mat, so I took a 4 1/2 inch square piece of Brocade Blue cardstock and stamped it with the Paisley Print background stamp. (Can you tell I love bg stamps??? lol) I then punched the corners of it with my Ticket Corner punch and adhered it onto the center of the page. Below is a picture of the page without the photo of my adorable Jaden-baby so that you can see what it looks like empty. (You can also tell I forgot my OTT light with this photo, lol)


I really like this method to scrapbooking, and am really looking forward to finishing up these swaps. Check back tomorrow for the finished piece!

No comments: