Friday, February 2, 2007

Bella Box


So these boxes are all the rage, and I finally got around to making one. The actual box is made with chipboard coasters that I bought from Starlit Studio. I cut some Spring Showers designer paper into 4x4 squares. Then I modgepodged them onto the coasters, using my brayer to be sure there were no bubbles.

Next I took my crop-a-dile and punched the holes on each side and tied them all together with some taupe grosgrain ribbon. For the front I decided to use a bella stamp. I stamped her in Black Stazon onto a piece of watercolor paper, and colored her in with a paintbrush and some ink refills (So Saffron, Bashful Blue, and Creamy Caramel). I then used my ticket corner punch to do the corners, and mounted her on a piece of Creamy Caramel cardstock, punching the corners of it as well.

Here is a pic of the inside of the box. I mounted it on the inside, about a half of an inch from the actual bottom of the side pieces. It is adhered with a hot glue gun. You could actually just fit it in the bottom without the glue if you were only going to put something light inside, like candy or tissues, etc.

I have a big plan for what to post tomorrow, so check back, and hey...thanks for checking out my blog and posting comments, I really appreciate it!

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

I love your Bella in combination with the Spring Flowers DP...so very pretty!

Maria said...

Great job on the Bella Box! I'm looking to buy a few Bella stamps and fter looking at your box, I'm more motivated to buy them soon!