Saturday, February 3, 2007

Cased frame


I cased this frame from the SU! catty. I changed the colors and the actual stamp, but it is basically the same. I got the frame at Michaels for a buck and am loving how it turned out!

First I painted the frame with some Making Memories acrylic paint. Everything else was really easy. I stamped the caterpillar from "Cute as a Bug" on Shimmery White cardstock in Bashful Blue, Real Red, and Green Galore classic ink using my stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure they were lined up right. Then I used my ticket corner punch on the corner and mounted it on a piece of Real Red cardstock again punching the corners.

I tied some light blue and red gingham ribbon and a piece of apple green grosgrain around the side. I had to use a marker and my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the saying on the 1x1 square of cardstock. I cut off one of the hooks on the side of the hodgepodge piece, used glue dots to adhere the saying inside and tied it to the ribbon with a piece of hemp.

The bug strip was adhered using a bunch of mini glue dots, and then I used a few more to add the hodgepodge with the green galore brads to the sides.

Added the pic of my baby when he was still a baby, and Voila! Super cute quick wall art!!

Happy Saturday everyone!!

1 comment:

bethtrue said...

hi Cori - just found your blog from Maria's blog (Card Inspired by Maria) - you should add a FeedBlitz subscription box so we can get automatic updates.

anyway - you do great work - love this little picture frame; so sweet! also love your Bella coaster box; that is really cute.

thanks for sharing! i'll be checking back often!

Beth (tired mommy to an energetic 3 1/2 year old).