Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Chipboard brag book


My stamp club made these last week...isn't it cute? The book itself is made from four 4x4 chipboard coasters that I got from Starlit Studio. We covered them in Cardstock and then used the SAB set "Delight in Life" and the matching SAB Simply Scrappin' Kit to embellish them. The cover is Regal Rose cardstock stamped with the same color ink and the large flower image. I used one of the ribbon looking cardstock strips in the SS kit to embellish the front, along with a flower that I stamped and cut out. The title, "Spring Boy" (totally cheeeezy I know) was stamped in Basic Black ink with the "Whimsical lower alpha." To attach the insides I punched holes in all of the coasters with my Cropadile and then tied them with bows made from some Apricot grosgrain ribbon. (if you do this yourself, make sure you don't tie the sides too tightly or you won't be able to turn the pages very easily)

The next two pages were covered with Certainly Celery cardstock and stamped with the polka dot stamp from this set. I then added some striped designer paper from the SS kit and a couple of other embellishments, like the little photo corners. (I love these pics of Jaden...he was about 20 months old and thought that mud and the hose were just the greatest inventions in the world, lol)

These two pages were covered in Bashful Blue cardstock and stamped with the small bloom stamp from the "Delight in Life" set. A little more patterned paper and a few flower adhesive die cuts finished off these pages. (These pics were taken at a friend's house when Jaden was almost 2. The one in the tree is prob one of my top 3 favorite pictures of him. The pure wonder in his eyes is just beautiful, doncha think?)

The last two pages were covered with So Saffron cardstock and stamped with the little swirly thingy stamp. I used a few of the adhesive die cuts and adhered the tab on onto the photo with a Certainly Celery brad. I used my small corner rounder to round these pictures, and then stamped the "so silly" using Basic Black ink and my "Whimsical lower" alphabet stamps. (My Absolute favorite alphabet set! I think it looks just like rub-ons) Isn't the pic on the left funny? I miss that silly expression... **insert sad mommy face, lol***

Well...that's it for tonight. I hope you guys forgive me for my lack of posts the last couple of weeks...I promise to get back to the everyday posting, I know how much I hate it when my favorite blogs don't update for a few days. Thanks for checking back with me though!!

No comments: