Friday, April 6, 2007

My first ATC

If you have never heard the term atc then you're definatly not the only one, but these little mini cards are sweeping through the stamping world like a wildfire. I have always thought they were cute, but always wondered what the heck you do with them. What better way to figure this out than to participate in a swap, hehe.

I joined a swap on SCS for Spring Mini catalog ATC cards. Every participant had to make 10 of these little 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch cards. Mine are stamped with the Doodle Alphabet.

To create my card, I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the letters and stamp the word thanks with the Doodle Alphabet on Whisper White cardstock in black Stazon. Then I colored the letters in with my Stampin' Write markers. The "you" was masked from a "your" stamp out of the Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp set. The little white piece was then mounted on a piece of Lavendar Lace cardstock. This was mounted on a larger piece of Cameo Coral cardstock that was stamped with the little flower from Doodle That. These were also colored in with my markers and then mounted to the card with some dimensionals. To finish the card up, I added a drop of Crystal Effects to the center of each flower, dusted that with some Dazzling Diamonds glitter and then used my color spritzer tool with a Certainly Celery marker to help lose some of the starkness to the white cardstock.

So, I guess the verdict is that I love these teeny little baby cards, hehe!

No comments: