Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Have a magical day...


Isn't that an awesome sentiment?? And who makes the bestest sentiments? Why A*Muse does of course!

So my highly anticipated Marvy scalloped punches aren't coming as soon as I had hoped. *insert pouting face* anyhow, so I decided to use my Cricut to make some scalloped circles for this card. The smaller of the two is 2 1/2 inch circle (these are cut with the Mini Monograms cartridge) and the larger is a 3 inch scallop. The smaller is cut out of white naturals cardstock and then I stamped the princess and the frog in Palette Hybrid Noir Black ink and colored them in with my prismacolor markers. I have found that the hybrid ink is the only one that keeps from being smeared by the prismacolor markers. I also used a 20% cool grey prismacolor marker to create the highlights under them. The larger scallop is cut out of the new Perhaps paper from Basic Grey. Once they were colored in, I used my paper piercer and pierced each scallop and then highlighted them with the pink prisma marker.

The cardbase is Bravo Burgundy and then I adhered two pieces of the Perhaps BG paper over the top and tied a hot pink polka dot bow (ribbon is from Starlit Studio) to separate the two patterns.

To finish the card up, I stamped the sentiment "Have a Magical Day" on the bottom corner with the hybrid noir black ink, and then added some hero arts bling to the princesses wand and to dot the "i" in magical.

Have a groovy night!

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific work...these A*muse stamps are too much fun!