Thursday, November 30, 2006

New Rubbah!!


Oh my goodness, I just love getting new rubbah!! A very dear friend from FREEZING Minnesota, sent me this set of stamps today. The set is called "The World Over" and is absolutely adorable. It is a 2006-2007 Stampin' Up level 1 hostess set. So that means you can earn it FREE with a 150+ workshop. WOWZA!! Anyhow, I hadn't gotten around to getting this one yet myself, so Miss Stark popped it in the mail as a surprise!!! Thanks Shelly!

Anywho...I sat down tonight and made this card, which I am pretty pleased with. I started with a card made of Old Olive, and stamped the Crosshatch Background stamp on it with Whisper White craft ink and then embossed it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. Then I tied some red grosgrain ribbon around, and added a little piece of blue gingham and some silver cord. After that, I stamped the little snow people in Basic Black onto some Shimmery White cardstock, mounted it on a piece of Bashful Blue cardstock stamped with the Linnen background stamp inClose to Cocoa ink, and colored them in with Stampin' Write markers. After that I added some Crystal Effects to the snow people to make them "pop" and sprinkled a little bit on Dazzling Diamonds glitter into the Crystal Effects. A little spritz with a Bashful Blue marker and the color spritzing tool, and I was done. A very simple, very sparkly, holiday card!!

If you click on the picture, it will open it up bigger which makes it MUCH easier to see (more sparkly too, lol)

No comments: