Saturday, December 29, 2007

Stamp to Spend challenge

There is a thread on Splitcoaststampers right now called the stamp to spend challenge. I decided that it would be a fabulous thing for me to try and stick to, so I am going to do my best this new year (starting now) to actually create stuff with all the amazing products that I so often drag home.

The idea behind the challenge is that you only buy what you "earn." I will "earn" 15 dollars for creating 10 cards or 5 scrapbook layouts (I am going to try and stick to 2 page layouts). So far since I began a couple of days ago, I have created 2 cards. Then today I stopped into our LSS to drop of some "Heat and Stick powder" to a customer, and they had 30% off all Christmas supplies. I only bought a few things...some SEI "Holly Lane" papers and a sheet of self adhesive frames/tags, but totally forgot that I was on a budget. Soooo, now I am 4.80 in the hole. Guess I better start crafting huh? I am going to a 2 day crop next weekend, so hopefully I will build up a positive balance in my crafting "account." Well, so long as I don't spend a fortune while I'm there, lol!

No comments: